Steven A. Brody, M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Steven Brody is an internationally recognized physician-scientist, with expertise in Endocrinology & Metabolism, Gynecology, and Reproductive Medicine. He specializes in regenerative and restorative medicine, bioidentical hormone therapy, and genomic methods to enhance health.
With 28 years of medical experience and research, Dr. Brody served as Medical Director of Lifespan Medical Institute in La Jolla, Director of GYN Surgery at Ben Taub Hospital in Houston and as Vice Regent of the International College of Surgeons. Dr. Brody previously held positions of Director of Reproductive Endocrinology at Alvarado Hospital in San Diego and served in the military as Lieutenant Commander (surgeon) in the U.S. Public Health Service.
Dr. Brody received his medical degree from Washington U. School of Medicine and has trained at Yale-New Haven Hospital, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Stanford University School of Medicine and Baylor College of Medicine.
A prolific researcher, Dr. Brody has authored a number of influential articles and has written two medical textbooks. He partnered with the 2010 Nobel Prize recipient in Medicine, Dr. Robert G. Edwards, to co-author the textbook, “Principals and Practice of Assisted Human Reproduction.”
In recognition of his work, he was chosen San Diego’s “Doctor of the Year” by the San Diego Medical Journal and Metropolitan Magazine.
Among his numerous distinctions are the following:
- Recognized as the only M.D. in the U.S. who has been Board Certified in four areas which include Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Recipient of the Osler Award, named for the father of American medicine, Dr. William Osler
- President of San Diego Association of Phi Beta Kappa, the national academic honor society
- Elected to the Board of Directors of the San Diego County Medical Society for five years
- Selected as Commencement speaker for Brown University Phi Beta Kappa as a result of lifelong academic achievement
- Distinguished Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists